Monday, January 05, 2009

Minapappu punugulu (Urad dal vada)


INGREDIENTS

1 cup Urad dal (minapappu)
10-15 Curry leaves
1 tbsp Cumin seeds
4-5 Green chillies chopped
1 small Onion finely chopped
1 tbsp Rice flour
Salt
Oil for deep frying

PROCEDURE

1. Soak urad dal overnight and grind it into a fine batter using very little water. Batter should be thick just like vada batter.

2. Add salt,rice flour,green chillies,cumin seeds,onion and curry leaves to the batter and mix well.

3. Heat oil for deep frying make small balls with the batter and drop them into the oil one by one. Fry until golden brown. Transfer onto a kitchen towel.

Serve hot with coconut chutney or any other dip of your choice.

14 comments:

Pavani said...

my favt snack ..looking yum yum

Srivalli said...

Phanitha..you have a nice place!...beautiful pictures!..

Anonymous said...

I was wondering if you would ever be interested in becoming a featured publisher with Foodbuzz.com? If so please conctact me at lizstambaugh@yahoo.com

phanitha said...

Thank you Pavani

phanitha said...

Thank you Srivalli

anudivya said...

These look great... came here from my follow list. Great blog, and I just love your template! Looks gorgeous.

Srikitchen said...

looks delicious and yum!
first time to ur blog and it is really nice!
do visit my blog when u find time and join in the savory event going in my blog!

phanitha said...

Thank you anudivya and srilekha

Retractable lan cable said...

I met so many kind people of all around the world. I will ever remember the good time I spent in this great city.

Basketball Figures said...

Basketball Figures
This looks marvelous! I think I have almost all of the spices listed for the spice powder except for fenugreek, asfoetida and mace - is this your own blend?

clip in hair extensions said...

It’s a Very informative article, all the information are given very clearly.

vietnamese brides said...

It is great to have the opportunity to read a good quality article with useful information on topics that plenty are interested on.

idateasia scam said...

yummy and congrats on the award lol

prismatic tape said...

I learned this little pastry, in accordance with the steps you provided, although the first time it failed, but the second made ​​very good