Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Tomato soy bean curry




INGREDIENTS

1 Cup Soy beans
1 Large tomato diced into cubes
1/2 Onion chopped
1/2 Carrot chopped into bite size pieces and par boiled
2 Cloves of garlic roughly crushed
1 tsp Red chilli powder
1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
2 tsp Spice powder powder
Salt
1 tbsp Oil

SPICE POWDER


Grind the following into fine powder. Can be stored in a air tight box and used in several curries.

Equal quantity of coriander seeds, red chili powder, cumin seeds, turmeric, fenugreek seeds, black pepper, mustard seeds, dried ginger, nutmeg.
Few cloves, Mace, Cardamom and a pinch of asafoetida.


PROCEDURE

1. Pressure cook the soy beans until completely done.

2. Saute onions in a heavy bottomed vessel for about 5-6 minutes, add the garlic and saute for another minute. Add chilli powder, turmeric and spice powder.

3. Now add the tomatoes saute till soft. Add the carrot pieces and soy beans cover with a lid and cook for about 5-10 mins allowing the soy beans to absorb the flavor.

Enjoy it with hot rotis.


24 comments:

Anonymous said...

A perfect veggie dish - delicious!

gtyuk said...

looks appetizing, lovely color!

Anonymous said...

I've never had soy beans prepared this way, I like the combination of eastern and even Italian flavors--very delicious.

Lavanya said...

looks gud..very healthy dish includes soya & carrot!!

Tangled Noodle said...

This looks marvelous! I think I have almost all of the spices listed for the spice powder except for fenugreek, asfoetida and mace - is this your own blend?

Yours Truly said...

looks really delicious and easy to make. i love a simple recipe that offers a lot of taste =)

phanitha said...

Thank you guys..

Preety said...

looks soo yummy

Swapna said...

wow! awesome pictures. Mouth watering dish. Lovely colors:)

Sabita Sagi said...

yummyyyy.....

Chitra said...

very healthy curry with soybeans:)

Anonymous said...

The flavors are great! And I love the pictures, so appetizing! I think I need some pickles to accompany this wonderful beans.

Cate said...

this dish looks so beautiful and colorful just the right amount of spicy. great for a vegetarian dinner.

Shanthi Krishnakumar said...

Colourful and delicious

Ployer MOMO15N said...

I enjoyed very much these fifteen days in Barcelona. I met so many kind people of all around the world. I will ever remember the good time I spent in this great city. There are so many different architectures to see when walking in the streets. It’s wonderful!
photos

MicroSIM Card Adapter said...

MicroSIM Card Adapter
I met so many kind people of all around the world. I will ever remember the good time I spent in this great city.

Sexy Action Figures said...

Sexy Action Figures
I met so many kind people of all around the world. I will ever remember the good time I spent in this great city.

replica rolex said...

I've been trying to find out a little more about this kind of stuff, thanks for sharing.

hermes bags said...

I just came across your blog and reading your beautiful words. I thought I would leave my first comment but I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.

replica watches said...

My good friends recommend this site to me.I have to say that the content here was the most completed that I found anywhere.I will be back to check some more information on this.Thanks

Best BB Gun said...

Its provide us with plenty of interest and pleasure. Its chance are actually fantastic and style so fast. Its a genuine bit of content. It generates for me lots of pleasure and interest.

iPhone 5 Screen Protector said...

I daily read articles posted by this site because it always has good information about the topic has been taken.Here is also good information about the global keys.

best christmas present for a pakistani man said...

I have been following your blog for a long time, but I’m absolutely in love with it. You are one of the most blogger I’ve ever seen, seriously.

i date asia said...

Very interesting post. really informative. of all the blogs I have read on the same topic, this one is actually enlightening.