Wednesday, February 18, 2009
250 grams shrimp
2 cups Basmathi rice
1 tsp Turmeric
1 tsp Red chili powder
1 tbsp Lemon juice
1 medium sized Tomato diced into cubes
2 medium sized Onions thinly sliced
1 Star Anise
1 tbsp Cumin seeds
1 tbsp Coriander seeds
7-8 Green chilies
1 tbsp Ginger garlic paste
1-2 Bay leaves
2 inch Cinnamon stick
1. Wash and devein the shrimp. Marinate it with turmeric, salt, chili powder and lemon juice for atleast 60 minutes.
2. Wash basmathi rice and keep aside.
3. In a pan heat oil and saute the onion till it turns brown. Divide into three portions.
4. Heat oil in a pan and saute ginger garlic paste, cloves, cumin seeds, coriander seeds, cinnamon and green chilies.
Allow to cool and grind along with one portion of fried onion.
5. In a pan heat oil add bay leaf, star anise and mace. Add the diced tomato, saute for a minute and add the onion spice paste saute for another minute. Add the marinated shrimp mix well.
Add the washed rice and one portion of onion combine well.
6. Add sufficient amount of water and transfer into a pressure cooker or rice cooker.
Once done sprinkle the last portion of onion.
Serve hot with raitha.