Monday, February 15, 2010
Cherry Chocolate Chip Cookies
Makes about 15 cookies 3" in diameter
1 cup All purpose flour
1/2 tsp Baking powder
1/2 tsp Salt
1 large Egg
1/2 cup White sugar
1/4 cup Brown cane sugar
1 tbsp Vanilla extract
1/2 cup Softened unsalted butter
1/4th cup Chocolate chips
1/4th cup Red Cherries chopped
1. In bowl mix butter and sugars until well blended. Beat in the egg and vanilla.
2. Mix baking powder, flour and salt in a separate bowl.
3. Add the dry ingredients mixture little by little to the butter mixture and mix well with a electric mixer.
4. Fold in the chocolate chips and the cherries.
5. On a cookie sheet drop dollops of the batter 2" apart.
6. Bake at 180 degree C for about 10 minutes or until light golden brown.
Cool on a wire rack and eat up.