Thursday, January 15, 2009
Filling of your choice, I made potato filling.
1 cup All purpose flour (Maida)
Oil for deep frying and kneading dough
1. Knead the all purpose flour with oil and 1 tbsp water to form a soft dough.
Using oil for kneading the dough forms multiple layers in the samosa shell after deep frying it.
2. Allow the dough to sit for about 45 minutes.
Now divide the dough into pieces and roll each piece into a 6-8" diameter round.
3. With a knife divide the round into two parts.(semi circle)
4. Moisten the straight edge with water and bring them together to form a hollow cone.
Fill the cone with about 1 tbsp of the stuffing.
5. Seal the samosa completely by moistening the edges and bring both sides together.
Keep the filled samosas covered with a moist towel till you are ready to fry them.
6. Once all the cones are filled, heat oil in a wok till piping hot and deep fry the filled cones till they turn golden brown.
Drain on a kitchen towel.
Serve hot with a dipping of your choice.