Tuesday, January 20, 2009
Chicken Fajitas (pronounced /fəˈhiːtə/)
300 grams Chicken
1/2 tsp Oregano
1/2 tsp Pepper
1 small Onion
1 1/2 tbsp Lemon juice
1 each Red,green,yellow and orange peppers
1. De seed and thinly slice the peppers.
2. Slice the onion thinly.
3. Slice the chicken breast into thin strips.
4. Marinate the chicken for 30 minutes to 1 hour with oregano, pepper, salt and lemon juice.
5. Turn on you stove to high heat and place oil in a pan or griddle heat for a few seconds until smoking hot.
Cook the chicken till tender. Usually it takes about 4-5 minutes.
6. Stir in the cut peppers and onion and cook for 3 more minutes until the veggies turn soft enough to eat.
Makes about 10 Tortillas
2 Cups all purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp Baking powder
1 tsp Salt
2 tsp Oil
Luke warm Milk for kneading
1. In a large mixing bowl stir together the flour, salt and baking powder.
Add oil followed by milk to the flour and work the mixture into a slightly sticky dough.
2. Dust the working surface with flour and knead vigorously for about 4 minutes. This step will help you get rid of the stickiness.
3. Transfer the dough into a bowl, cover with a damp cloth ad let it rest for about 30 miutes.
4. Divide the dough into 10 equal sized balls and cover with the damp cloth.
5. Dust your working surface with flour remove each piece of dough and pat it into a 4 inch circle.
With a rolling pin, roll out the tortilla from the center until you have a 7-8 inch diameter circle with a thickness of 1/4 th inch or lesser.
6. Heat a dry skillet or griddle. Transfer the tortilla onto it. Once it begins to blister let it cook for about 30 seconds and turn it allow to cook on the other side as well for another 30 seconds.
7. Remove tortilla and place in an aluminum foil. Repeat with rest of the dough.
1 tsp lime juice
Few coriander leaves finely chopped
1 small onion very finely chopped
1. Half the avocado,remove the middle stone and spoon out the flesh into a bowl.
2. Add lime juice, finely chopped coriander and onion.
Add salt and pepper.
3. Blend with a hand blender on high speed or use the back of a simple spoon to make it mushy.
1/2 Red Onion
2 spicy green chilies
1 tsp Lemon juice
Few coriander leaves
2 tbsp Olive oil
1. Slice the tomatoes into quarters and remove seeds and juicy part then chop into small pieces transfer into a bowl.
2. Finely chop green chili, onion and coriander. Add it to the chopped tomatoes.
3. Add olive oil, salt, pepper and lemon juice.
Blend all the ingredients together with a spoon until well mixed.
Sour cream, Salsa, Mashed potato and Guacamole. (Left to right)
Place the chicken filling on a warm tortilla, add a spoonful of each of the dips and roll it up and enjoy.
WARNING: The appetizing aroma of Fajitas may cause undue salivation.