Wednesday, February 11, 2009
Caramel cake glazed with chocolate
FOR THE CAKE
1 Box Betty Crocker Super moist French Vanilla cake mix
4 tbsp vegetable oil
4 tbsp Water
5-6 tbsp or more caramel syrup (I used Hershey's caramel syrup)
1. In a large mixing bowl add all the ingredients and mix well with an electric mixer.
2. Bake according to box instructions.
3. Bake two 2 1/2 or 3 inch cakes.
FOR THE CHOCOLATE GLAZE
3 tbsp sifted cocoa
15 gram Butter
200 gram Icing sugar
1 tbsp Maple syrup
125 ml Boiling water
1 Egg white
1. Sift cocoa into a heat proof bowl add butter (at room temperature) and maple syrup then stir in boiling water to make a thick, smooth paste.
2. Add the unbeaten egg white. Now gradually beat in the icing sugar with a wooden spoon or an electric mixer to make a thin smooth spreadable icing.
1. Place one 3 inch cake on a plate, pour and spread the chocolate icing on it evenly.
2. Now place the second cake over it and cover the cake completely with the glaze.
Refrigerate the glazed cake for atleast 15 minutes before gobbling it.