Monday, February 02, 2009

Whole Green gram snack (Pesarlu)




INGREDIENTS


1 Cup Whole Green gram (Pesarlu)
1 tsp Mustard seeds
1 tsp Cumin seeds
4-5 Curry leaves
2-3 Dried red chilies
2-3 Green chilies
1-2 Cloves of garlic roughly crushed
1 pinch Asafoetida
2 tsp Oil
Salt


PROCEDURE

1. Soak the whole green gram (pesarlu) overnight. Drain the water and pressure cook. Keep aside.

2. Heat oil in a pan and splutter mustard seeds, cumin seeds and curry leaves. Add green and red chilies saute for a minute, add the roughly crushed clove of garlic and asafoetida.

3. Add the cooked whole green gram and salt. Saute for 2-3 minutes.
Remove from flame. Sprinkle few chopped onions and add little bit of lime juice if desired.


Enjoy the snack with a hot cup of coffee.

17 comments:

Tangled Noodle said...

I've never tried anything like this before. I'm curious to know what the flavor would be like paired with coffee!

Nandinis food said...

Now that's a healthy snack I've never eaten for a long time. A very nice presentation you've made in here. They tempt me a lot because my mom used to make them.

Anonymous said...

This looks very intriguing - I've never tried anything like this either. Love the picture.

LauraAdamache said...

This recipe looks so good and it's very interesting! Congratulations Phanitha for all your recipes and for your beautiful blog!

Vrinda said...

I used to make this snack with black channa,will try with green gram soon...

phanitha said...

Tangled noodle- You should try it with coffee it tastes great.

Ushanandini- Thank you..!

5 Star Foodie- Thank you..!

Laura- Thank you..!

Vrinda- Thank you..!

Swapna said...

Sounds new. Sure it taste delicious.

Srikitchen said...

really a good and healthy chat it is!

Preety said...

Check out the roundup Of Cooking For kids event

http://preetyskitchen.blogspot.com/2009/02/cooking-for-kids-milk-products-roundup.html

Chitra said...

hello phanitha,
first time in ur blog...looks fantastic..yummy recipes u have..whole green sundal looks delicious..Do visit my blog at ur free time:)Thanks in advance:)

Swapna said...

Cute pictures. Never tried before. Will try soon:)

YINLIPS G18 said...

I enjoyed very much these fifteen days in Barcelona. I met so many kind people of all around the world. I will ever remember the good time I spent in this great city. There are so many different architectures to see when walking in the streets. It’s wonderful!
photos

IP Wireless Camera said...

IP Wireless Camera

Plants VS Zombies Toy said...

ow fantastic ideas for my next lunch with my friends.

rolex replica said...

I have to say I am amazed by your article. Indeed coupons is very useful specially to online consumers.

best christmas present for a pakistani man said...

Nice effort, very informative, this will help me to complete my task

i date asia said...

Interesting info,