Monday, January 26, 2009
Sweet chilli baby corn
300 grams Baby corn
2 Bell peppers diced into cubes
1 Onion diced into cubes
1 tbsp Corn flour
1 tbsp All purpose flour
1 tbsp Ginger garlic paste
1 pinch Ajinomoto
3 tbsp Tomato puree
2 tbsp Sweet and sour chili garlic sauce
1 tsp Soy sauce
1 tsp Vinegar
4 Red or green chilies slit
1. Cut the baby corn into two. Boil water in a sauce pan and add the baby corn and let it cook.
Once cooked remove from flame and drain water.
2. In a bowl mix together pepper powder, salt, ginger garlic paste, all purpose flour, corn flour and some water to make it a paste. Add the baby corn to this, mix well so that the paste coats the baby corn.
3. In a pan heat oil for shallow frying, once hot drop the baby corn into it and fry till golden brown. Transfer them on to a kitchen towel.
4. Heat about 1 tbsp oil in a pan add the cubed onion and bell peppers saute for about 5 minutes. Add the red chilies.
5. Now add tomato puree and saute for another 5 minutes. Add soy sauce, white vinegar, ajinomoto, sweet and sour chili garlic sauce. Mix well.
6. Add the baby corn to the above and combine well.
Enjoy it with fried rice.