Tuesday, October 14, 2008
Veg soft noodles and Chilli chicken
VEG SOFT NOODLES
250 grams Noodles
2 Carrots thinly sliced
2-3 Chillies thinly sliced
2 tbsp Oil
1 medium sized Onion thinly sliced
4-5 Spring onions
10-15 Garlic flakes
1 pinch Ajinomoto(optional)
1 tsp Soy sauce
Salt to taste
Pepper for seasoning
1. Boil water in a bowl and add noodles, cook until they become soft.
Now strain the noodles to remove water. Add half tbsp oil and mix using a fork and keep aside.
2. Par boil the carrots. You may use beans also if desired.
3. In a pan heat oil and add the sliced onions,chillies, spring onions and garlic flakes saute them until the onions turn transparent.
4. Add the boiled carrots sprinkle some ajinomoto (optional),pepper,soy sauce and salt mix well.
5. Now add the noodles and stir well for about 5-10 minutes. Remove from pan and serve hot.
500 grams Boneless chicken cut into small cubes
10-15 Dried red chillies
3 inch Ginger finely chopped
10 cloves of Garlic finely chopped
1 tsp Sugar
2 tbsp Cornflour
2 tsp Soy sauce
1 tbsp Chilly garlic paste
1 tsp Vinegar
1 tsp Pepper powder
2 pinch Ajinomoto
3 Bell pepper (capsicum) cut into cubes
2 Onion cut into cubes
Salt to taste
Oil for frying
1. Take chicken in a bowl add 1 tbsp cornflour,a pinch of ajinomoto,salt,pepper and an egg mix well.
2. In a wok heat oil for deep frying. Fry the chicken pieces. Remove and keep aside.
3. In a pan heat oil add dried red chillies,ginger,garlic,onions,capsicum and pepper saute for 2-3 minutes. Now add soy sauce,chilly garlic paste,ajinomoto,salt and sugar mix well.
4. Add about half a glass of water and bring it to a boil. Now add vinegar followed by chicken.
5. Mix 1 tbsp cornflour in water to make it a fine paste add about 3-4 tsp of this mixture to the chicken and mix well.
Remove from flame and serve hot with the noodles.