Thursday, September 29, 2011

Lemony cupcakes with buttercream frosting





INGREDIENTS (makes 15-20 medium sized cupcakes)

FOR THE CUPCAKES

1 stick butter at room temperature
1 cup sugar
2 eggs at room temperature
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup milk
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp lemon zest
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp vanilla extract

FOR THE FROSTING

6 tbsp unsalted butter at room temperature
4 cups of powdered sugar
1/2 tsp lemon juice
1 tbsp of pink colored granulated sugar(1tbsp sugar mixed with a drop of pink color)

PROCEDURE

FOR THE CUPCAKES

1. Preheat oven at 180-190 degree Celsius and line the cupcake pan with paper liners.
2. Cream butter and sugar in a bowl until fluffy.
3. Add the eggs little by little and whisk until creamy.
4. Now add lemon juice,vanilla extract,lemon zest,milk and whisk until a uniform consistency is obtained.
5. In a separate bowl combine flour, baking powder and salt.
6. Incorporate the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients slowly and mix together until it forms a fairly thick batter.
7. Pour cupcake batter into paper liners until 1/2 full.
8. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
9. Set them on a wire rack to cool completely before frosting.

FOR THE FROSTING

1. Beat butter in a bowl until fluffy using an electric mixer.
2. Incorporate all the other ingredients while beating at high speed until light and fluffy.
3. Refrigerate for about 20-30 minutes before frosting.
4. Load the frosting into a piping bag and get creative.


Frost your cupcakes and sprinkle granulated sugar.

12 comments:

Reva said...

Cupcakes sure looks very tempting. I love lemon flavour as it is very refreshing..
Glad to have visited your blog... and am a follower now..:)
Reva

Gpad GForce 2 said...

I enjoyed very much these fifteen days in Barcelona. I met so many kind people of all around the world. I will ever remember the good time I spent in this great city. There are so many different architectures to see when walking in the streets. It’s wonderful!
photos

mini usb endoscope said...

I will ever remember the good time I spent in this great city. There are so many different architectures to see when walking in the streets. It’s wonderful!

essay writing tips said...

An easy way to have a home made cupcakes.

auto lifts said...

Wish I have the chance to teach this easy steps to my kids.

Super Mario Action Figures said...

Just wanted to say hi and that what a Fabuloud cook you are!! I'd love to make those yummy dishes of yours one day!

replica rolex said...

I am happy to find this post very useful for me, as it contains lot of information.

hermes bags said...

Thanks for sharing your article. I really enjoyed it.

house and lot for sale in cbu said...

I see that kind of recipe is different and their is uniqueness in that one. I want also to know more about that and i want to bake that one if i have time.house and lot for sale in cebu

Anonymous said...

I would be very thankful if you continue with quality what you are serving right now with your blog...I really enjoyed it...and i really appreciate to you for this....its always pleasure to read so....Thanks for sharing!!!
botox rive sud

prismatic reflective tape said...

I like your blog, thought I could learn a lot of money cake, and I can share with my friends

SEO Services India said...

What a helpful post. I like your writing, I am looking for good posts, If i like definitely i will comments.Thanks for this wonderful post.