Tuesday, October 21, 2008
Beaten rice or poha dosa and Tomato chutney
1 Cup Rice
1/2 Cup poha or beaten rice
1/2 tsp Fenugreek or Methi seeds
1. Soak all three ingredients overnight and grind into a smooth batter.
2. Allow the batter to sit for 3 hours before you make the dosas.
3. Heat tawa,pour a ladle full of batter, spread to make a round, drizzle oil, remove when crisp.
FOR TOMATO CHUTNEY
4 Ripe medium sized tomatoes
1 tsp Cumin seeds
1/2 tsp Mustard seeds
3-4 Green chillies
3-4 Dried red chillies
8-10 Curry leaves
1 pinch Hing
Salt to taste
1. In a pan heat 2 tbsp oil add the cumin seeds allow to splutter then add the green chillies followed by chopped tomatoes.
2. Once they turn soft turn off heat, allow to cool, transfer to a blender add salt and blend into a thick paste.
3. In a pan heat oil and splutter mustard seeds,curry leaves,red chillies and add hing remove from flame.
4. Mix well with the blended tomato paste.
Serve with hot dosas or idly.