Tuesday, October 21, 2008
Tomato dosa and Cilantro chutney
1 cup Rice
3 tbsp Toor dal
3 Medium sized tomatoes
1 tbsp of the Cilantro chutney
1. Soak rice and dal for 2 hours.
2. In a blender grind the soaked rice and dal along with chopped tomatoes and cilantro chutney into a fine batter.
3. Allow it to sit for half an hour. Batter should be thick enough to thickly coat on a spoon when dipped.
4. Heat a iron griddle or a non-stick tawa. Pour a spoonful of batter in the centre, spread with the back of the spoon to a thin round.
5. Pour a tsp oil over it. Remove with a spatula when crisp.
1 Bunch cilantro
1 Small lemon sized ball of Tamarind
3-4 Dried red chillies
1 tsp Cumin seeds
2-3 Slit Green chillies
1 Pinch Hing
1 tsp Oil
1. In a pan heat oil splutter cumin seeds,red chillies,hing and green chillies. Keep aside, allow to cool.
2. In a blender blend the cilantro,tamarind along with the above into a smooth paste.
Serve with hot tomato dosas.