Saturday, October 11, 2008
1 Cup sooji
1 tsp Maida or all purpose flour
1. Take the sooji in a mixing bowl add warm water mix to make it into a dough.
2. Add maida and knead well to make the dough stiff.
Add few drops of oil and knead. Allow it to sit for 15-20 minutes.
3. Make balls and roll it very thin. Do not use flour when rolling use oil if required.
4. Use desired sized cap to cut the rounds.
5. Heat oil for deep frying, drop the rounds, fry on low flame.
6. Remove once they puff and turn light brown in color.
1 liter Cold water
100ml Tamarind juice
1/2 tsp Black salt or chaat masala
1/2 tsp Coriander powder
1/2 tsp Cumin powder
1 pinch Pepper powder
1/2 tsp Red chilli powder
1/2 tsp Sugar
3 tbsp of Coriander, mint and green chilli made into a paste
Salt to taste
1. Mix all the ingredients one after the other in the above order.
Serve with poori's and stuffing of your choice.