Saturday, October 11, 2008
Black Forest Cake
150 grams All purpose flour
3 tbsp Cocoa powder
1 tsp Baking powder
150 grams White butter or Unsalted butter
150 grams Caster sugar
2 Eggs beaten well
8 tbsp Milk
1/2 tsp Vanilla essence
500 grams of Canned cherries in syrup
1 pinch of Salt
1. Sieve all purpose flour, cocoa powder and baking powder into a mixing bowl.
2. Add the butter,caster sugar,eggs,milk,salt and vanilla essence beat well.Using an electric whisk will make the process easier.
3. Tip into two well greased 4" round baking tins bake at 160 degree C for about 50 minutes.
If you wish to bake in a microwave grease two 4" round glass bowls pour the batter and bake for about 4-6 minutes.
4. To know if the cake is done stick a fork in the center if it comes out clean,the cake is done.
5. Allow to cool.
6. Set one of the cooled cake onto a pretty plate then sprinkle 4 tbsp of syrup from the canned cherries if you do not have syrup mix little bit of caster sugar in water and sprinkle it.
7. Now spread a layer of whipped cream over it, press some cherries on the cream.
8. Sprinkle the second cake with syrup and carefully set it on top of the first layer.
9. Cover the top, sides of the cake with cream. Decorate with cherries and grated chocolate.
Chill until ready to serve.