Saturday, October 11, 2008
1/2 Cup Sooji
1 Cup water
2 tsp Red chilli powder
Few Coriander leaves finely chopped
Salt to taste
1 Cup Wheat flour
1. Boil water,add sooji,salt and red chilli powder mix well on medium flame till it cooks to form a thick mass.
2. Add the chopped coriander leaves. Allow the mass to cool. Once cooled make lemon sized balls. Keep aside.
3. Knead wheat flour as you would for any roti or chapathi.
4. Make balls out of the dough in the size of a large egg.
5. Roll it into a circle of 4-5 inches and place the sooji mixture in the center, seal the edges to make it into a ball.
6. Flatten this ball and roll it into a 6-7 inch round.
7. Pre-heat a griddle(Tawa) ,place the paratha on it cook both sides till golden brown by spreading butter or oil on both the sides.
Serve hot with Indian pickles and yogurt.
LEMON RICE (NIMMAKAYA PULIHORA)
2 cups rice cooked
1/4 th cup lemon juice
1/4 th tbsp Turmeric powder
5-6 slit Green chillies
5 Dried red chillies
10 Curry leaves
100 grams Peanuts
1 tbsp Channa dal
1/2 tbsp Mustard seeds
1/2 tbsp Cumin seeds
1 pinch Asafoetida
3-4 tbsp Oil
Salt to taste
1. Heat oil in a cooking vessel add mustard seeds and allow to splutter then add cumin seeds,channa dal,peanuts,curry leaves,dried red chillies and green chillies fry till brown color is obtained.
2. Now add asafoetida,turmeric powder stir for 10-15 seconds.
3. Add the lemon juice and salt also add 10 ml of water cook for about 10 minutes.
4. Remove from flame once cooled mix it with the cooked rice and allow it to sit for about 1 hour before you serve.