Saturday, October 11, 2008
500 grams Chicken with bones (I used leg pieces)
2 tsp Ginger garlic paste
3 Medium sized onions
2-3 tsp Red chilli powder
1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
5-6 Green chillies slit
3 tbsp Oil
Corriander and mint leaves for garnishing
Salt to taste
1 tsp Coriander seeds
1 Cinnamon stick
6-7 Black peppercorns
1 tsp Cumin seeds
1 Star anise
Dry roast the above and grind it into a powder.
1. Slice one onion and fry it in about half a tbsp oil until the raw smell disappears. Remove from flame and allow to cool. Once cooled grind it into a fine paste.
2. Marinate the chicken for half an hour with ginger garlic paste, chilli powder, turmeric,salt and the onion paste.
3. After the chicken is marinated transfer it into a sauce pot add some water (about 1/4th glass) and allow it to cook completely.
4. In a saute pan heat oil add the green chillies and 2 onions chopped. Fry until the onion turns golden brown.
Now add the ground powder, mix for about a minute and add the chicken along with the liquid to it. Mix well allow the liquid to evaporate.
5. Garnish with coriander and mint leaves.
Serve hot with steamed white rice.