Friday, November 07, 2008
2 large Potatoes
1 medium sized Carrot
2 small sized Bell peppers
1 medium sized Onion chopped
2 medium sized Tomatoes chopped
4-5 Chopped green chillies
1 tbsp Ginger garlic paste
1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
1 tbsp Coriander powder
1/2 tsp Sugar
1 tsp Amchur powder(Dried green mango powder)
1 tbsp Cumin powder
1 tsp Kasoori methi(Dried fenugreek leaves)
1/2 tsp Red chilli powder
Few Coriander leaves
Butter (I used garlic flavored butter)
Salt to taste
1. Cut potatoes,carrot and capsicum into cubes and pressure cook them. Once cooked mash them.
(You may add other vegetables of you choice like eggplant,cauliflower etc)
2. Heat butter in a pan add the chopped onion, fry till golden brown.Add ginger garlic paste,turmeric,chopped green chillies and tomatoes. Toss for 2-3 minutes.
3. Add coriander powder,sugar,amchur powder,cumin powder,kasoori methi,red chilli powder and salt,mix well.
4. Add the mashed vegetables mix and cover with a lid for 5-10 minutes with occasional stirring till it turns into a thick gravy.
5. Add a dollop of butter for that extra flavor. Sprinkle few coriander leaves.
6. Heat butter on a pan sprinkle chaat masala, slit the bread and toast them for a bit.
Serve hot with chopped onion and a dash of lemon juice.