Friday, November 07, 2008
Pesarettu(whole green gram pancakes) and upma
2 Cups Whole green moong dal
1 Bunch Coriander leaves
6-7 Green chillies
2 Inch Piece Ginger
1 Small onion finely chopped
Salt to taste
Oil to sprinkle
1. Soak moong dal in plenty of water overnight.
2. Once soaked grind the above along with rest of the ingredients except onions and little bit of water,to obtain a dosa batter consistency.
3. Heat a flat pan and pour a ladle full of batter in the center of the pan and spread it in a circular motion (from inside out) spreading the batter into a thin round.
Sprinkle few chopped onions and one tsp oil around it.
4. Once you observe that it is roasted to a golden brown color turn it and allow to cook on the other side as well.
5. Remove from pan with a spatula once done.
Serve hot with Upma and sweet ginger pickle.