Wednesday, March 18, 2009
Makes two 8" pizzas
FOR THE BASE
2 1/2 cups Unbleached All purpose flour
2 1/2 tsp Honey
2 1/2 tsp Olive oil
1 cup warm water
1 packet dry active yeast
FOR THE TOPPING
Few Cherry tomatoes
Few thinly sliced Onion
Few Bell peppers thinly sliced
2 tbsp Pizza sauce
Cheese of your choice
1. Add the yeast to half a cup of warm water. In about 5-10 minutes it will start to froth.
2. In a large mixing bowl combine flour, olive oil, honey and salt. Add the yeast water to the flour and the remaining half cup water knead well to make a smooth dough.
If you need more water you may add it but make sure its warm.
3. Oil the bowl, cover with plastic wrap and allow the dough to sit for about an hour to double in size.
4. Once doubled in size punch down the air in the dough and divide into two portions.
5. Flatten one portion of dough evenly on to a well greased plate. Poke it with a fork. Spread the pizza sauce and sprinkle the veggies. Top it with cheese, paint some oil on the edges and bake at 160 degrees C for 10-15 minutes or until the corners turn golden brown and cheese bubbles.