1 Cup of shredded vegetables (carrot, cabbage,bell pepper)
1/2 Small onion thinly sliced
1/2 Cup finely chopped Spring onion
3-4 Cloves of garlic chopped
1 tsp Soy sauce
1/2 tbsp Chilli garlic paste
1/2 tsp White Vinegar
1 tsp Pepper
1 Pinch Sugar
1 Pinch Ajinomoto
Oil for frying
1 Egg beaten well
10 Standard flour spring roll wrappers
Salt to taste
1. Boil water in a pot add the shredded cabbage and cover with a vented lid.
Once it is half done remove from flame and drain water completely.Keep aside.
2. In a wok heat about 2 tbsp oil saute onions,once they are slightly brown add garlic,carrots, bell pepper followed by cabbage.
Toss them for 4-5 minutes because we want the crunchiness to remain and also preserve the nutritional value.
3. Now add soy sauce,vinegar,chilli garlic paste,pepper,salt,sugar and ajinomoto followed by spring onion.
Transfer to a bowl to let it cool.
4. Place a wok on medium to high heat, add the oil and let it heat through.
Folding the spring rolls:
- Place the spring roll wrapper in front of you with one corner at the bottom so it resembles a diamond.
- Brush the four edges of the wrapper with the beaten egg.
- Place about one tbsp of the filling in the bottom part of the wrapper in a thin log shape without touching the edges. Leave the last few centimeters clear.
- Now lift the wrapper over the top and tuck it in under the filling. Fold over the left side and then the right side. And roll it up to form a tube.
- Brush a little more egg along the top part and seal the roll.
- Repeat until all the rolls are finished.
5. Once the oil is hot deep fry the spring rolls until lightly brown which takes about one to two minutes.
6. Put them on a toweled tray to drain.
Serve hot with sweet and sour sauce or any other dip of your choice.